__ Date _____ E.N.
- Greek and Latin terms play a huge role in scientific
vocabulary. What is the meaning of ana-
and –tomy? Likewise what does –ology and physio-
mean? What does “gross” mean in terms of the study of anatomy?
- In your own words explain the relationship between
physiology and anatomy.
- The abdominopelvic and
thoracic cavities are subdivisions of the ____ body cavity; the cranial
and spinal cavities are parts of the _____ body cavity. The _____
body cavity is totally surrounded by bone and provides very good
protection to the structures it contains.
- Circle the term or phrase that does not belong in each
of the following ( a and b)
a. transverse distal
brachial femoral popliteal
- Fill in the correct anatomical word that identifies the
following body parts or areas. (a-f)
- armpit _______
- buttock area _______
- “belly button” area ___________
- anterior aspect of the elbow ____________
- area where the trunk meets the thigh __________
- pertaining to the cheek _____________
- In the anatomical position, the face and palms are on
the _____ body surface, the buttocks and shoulder blades are on the ______
body surface, the top of the head is the most _____ part of the
body. The ears are _____ to the shoulders and ______ to the
nose. The heart is ______ to the spine and _______ to the lungs. The
heel of the foot is _______ to the toes and the toes are _____ to the
heel. The pinkie finger is _________ to the thumb and the thumb is
______ to the pinkie. The elbow is ______ to the fingers but _______ to
the shoulder. In humans, the dorsal surface can also be called the
____ surface; however, in four-legged animals, the dorsal surface is the
- John, a patient at Jones City
Hospital, is in bad
shape. He has a hernia in his inguinal region, pain from an infected
kidney in his lumbar region, and severe bruises and swelling in his pubic
region. Explain where each of these regions is located.
Go on to #8
- On the smiley face draw lines and label them to
indicate: transverse plane, midsagittal plane,
superior direction, lateral direction.